Ayushman Bharat Yojana – National Health Protection Scheme :- In order to promote health and wellness in the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started another initiative called Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also referred as the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS). Besides that, this scheme is also getting popular among masses as NamoCare or ModiCare – as our Honorable PM started this with a vision of healthy New India.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana – National Health Protection Scheme
Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana (Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana) PM Shri Narendra Modi has recently inaugurated the first health care and wellness center in Bijapur, Chhattisgarh. He is the first PM who visited the tribal district of Bijapur [Chhattisgarh] and even inaugurated a new railway line, as well as passenger train between Bhanupratapur and Gudum, before launching the very first health care center under NHPS in this region.
According to Prime Minister, this initiative has not just been started to providing health care service, but also to encourage public in participating and doing their bit for creating a healthy nation. The major goals of this scheme are to create a comprehensive primary health care for the community, and also to offer an insurance cover to 40-percent of India’s poor population, which is deprived of even the basic healthcare facilities.
Main Points You need to Know
|What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?||Ayushman Bharat Helpline|
|Ayushman Bharat Jobs||Ayushman Bharat Beneficiaries List|
|Ayushman Bharat Registration||Ayushman Bharat Plans|
This Modi healthcare scheme has been approved on March 21, 2018, by the Union Cabinet with budgetary support of Rs 10,500 crore.
Key features of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana is expected to over 10,000,000 poor families across the nation and around 50,000,000 people are likely to benefit under NHPS.
- This new scheme will be overcoming the glitches of the existing Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojana that provides health insurance to laborers working in the unorganized sectors or construction sites.
- Under the new scheme, even beneficiaries will benefit with cashless treatment facilities. Even beneficiaries will be able to take free treatments in both government and private hospitals.
- Unlike other healthcare schemes that offer coverage to only expensive medical treatments, Modicare aims at providing benefits to all BPL people who are in need of proper medical attention.
Who are eligible for the Ayushman Bharat Modicare scheme?
- According to the central government, Ayushman Bharat Yojana has been designed for poor families that are deprived of basic medical facilities.
- The social-economic caste Census conducted by the government in 2011 will be used to provide insurance coverage to a poor population of the nation.
- To avail the scheme, one must have Aadhaar Card ID – as beneficiaries will benefit only based on proper Aadhar card biometrics.
- This scheme has no limitations with family size for beneficiaries, hence, it’s one of the largest funded programs on the worldwide platform.
- To implement Ayushman Bharat Yojana, States, and UTs would work with their respective State Health Agency (SHA) to benefit the poor community. They can use either Trust/ Society/ Not for Profit Company/ State Nodal Agency (SNA) or set up a new entity for implementing this new scheme.
- States/ UTs could implement this healthcare scheme via an insurance company or directly through the Trust/ Society or by using an integrated model.
States Those Implemented Ayushman Bharat Yojana
|State Names||State Names|
|Ayushman Bharat Chhattisgarh||Ayushman Bharat Himachal Pradesh|
|Ayushman Bharat Haryana||Ayushman Bharat Uttarakhand|
|Ayushman Bharat Uttar Pradesh||Ayushman Bharat Chandigarh|
|Ayushman Bharat Madhya Pradesh||Ayushman Bharat Rajasthan|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Punjab|
|Delhi||Andaman and Nicobar Island|
|Daman and Diu||Lakshadweep|
|Puducherry||Dadar and Nagar Haveli|
What will be the major impact of Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana (National Health Protection Mission) will highly impact the reduction of Out of Pocket (OOP) expenditure by:
- Enhancing benefit cover to over 40% of the poorest and vulnerable population of the country.
- Covering all secondary as well as tertiary hospitalizations.
- Providing coverage of 5 lakh to each poor family, irrespective of the family size.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana is aiming to have a good impact on quality health and medication throughout the nation. Moreover, some hidden needs of the population (which remained neglected due to lack of financial resources) will also be catered. The on-time treatments of poor communities will lead to the improvement in patient health outcomes, as well as improvement in the quality of life.